Starting November 2021, SRM Talks will be hosted on campus Weihenstephan under 3G regulations
Join our monthly talk series and meet leaders determined to make our future more sustainable
33rd SRM Talks | Sustainability and Startups
Speaker info will be uploaded soon
Start-Ups & Sustainability
Due to my double degree study course in International Business Studies & Economics and Trade I’ve lived in China for two years. During these times the focus of my studies shifted mostly towards business ethics, strategic innovation management and business development/entrepreneurship. Living in China taught me a lot about platform economy, especially its digitalisation processes and innovation potential. After joining ekipa I have managed different innovation programs and was therefore able to accompany many innovators, watch them develop their business ideas to the point of them founding their own startups.
Circular Economy: a new Sustainability?
- Phoebe has been a freelance Communications and Circular Economy consultant since 2015, based in Berlin since 2017.
- After graduating from Oxford University in French and German literature in 1999, she worked for Yahoo Deutschland in Munich, the French Embassy in London, and EDF, a major energy group, where she spent 8 years working in corporate responsibility and communications in London and Paris.
- Today she supports organisations using interactive tools to explain and practice the circular economy model, and see it as a way to find new business opportunities and support a regenerative, less wasteful, more inclusive way of working.
- She is the Germany representative for circular economy community Circulab, with 90 members in 25 countries, which she joined as one of its first facilitators in 2015.
- On a local level, Phoebe is a member of Circular Berlin e.V. which develops circularity for Berlin, and of recent platform New Mittelstand, where she co-leads the Circular Economy circle.
- She was a co-founding and Supervisory Board member of a German sustainability start-up.
- Last but not least, Phoebe is trilingual and an editor, writer, translator and TEDx coach, under her own company Phenomenal Words, founded in 2014.
- In her free time, Phoebe sings in a (socially distanced!) choir, likes to read fiction, go to art exhibitions and go hiking.
- In 2012-13 she completed a solo tour of the Baltic states, Russia and Asia over 10 months, from Tallinn to Goa, in part with the Transsiberian, including longer stays in India, Vietnam and Thailand.
Our Awesome Portfolio
SRM Talks is not just about professionals from the industry educating our audience but also about bringing people together. In our casual post-talk dinner, students and professionals enjoy some quality time and produce world changing ideas as they bite into our tasty international cuisine.
This is what fans have to say about our awesome monthly talk series related to Sustainability
Latest Posts & Articles
Keep yourself updated about the world of Sustainability and the progress so far!
No new posts at the moment
Have Any Questions?
Our amazing communications team is always ready to answer your questions!